This is my flier,
and my 4-up.
- Description: This is the flier I designed for Capoeira, the Brazilian martial arts workshops.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): I almost immediately wanted to use circles with this design. I sketched out four different designs that incorporated circles and asked a few of my friends which one looked best. I got votes for two different sketches, so when I started designing in InDesign, I combined them. I drew out a black rectangle in InDesign and then put about 3/4 of a circle on top of that and pasted the image of the man doing his cool moves inside of it. The title is white against the black of the background and so the contrast draws your eye. The legs of the man lead you to the text above his legs and then down under him to the other block of text. The BYU-I logo is also in alignment with the diagonal line created by the man’s body.
- Message: The message is that there will be Capoeira workshops a couple of times a week for anyone who wants to learn Brazilian martial arts.
- Audience: The audience is Brigham Young University Idaho Students.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned the basics of InDesign and how to use the tools in it. I also learned that asking questions and suggesting new ways of design to those critiquing my design can really help improve my designs.
- Title Font Name & Category: Charlemagne Std, slab serif
- Copy Font Name & Category: Arial Black, sans serif
- Links to images used in this project: and