- Description: My event ad is to inform people about fairly cheap flu shots at Walgreens.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): I found and scanned in an image, and then created the background using similar colors to the background of the picture using Word. I tried to keep all the shades of green within the same actual color and make the words bold enough that you can read them without too much difficulty. I also tried to line up the text on the left hand side with the shape on the right.
- Message: The message is to keep your kids and family safe from the flu by getting a flu shot now while it’s cheap. This is a spoof off the billboard saying “No Vaccine, no kisses.”
- Audience: My audience are those who need a flu shot still since flu season is coming around again.
- Color scheme and color names: I picked a monochromatic green color scheme because it worked the best the the picture I had.
- Top Thing Learned: Double and triple check everything before you make anything final. I kept having to redo steps to get this to the point where I liked it.
- Title Font Name & Category: Bodoni 72 Book, Oldstyle
- Copy Font Name & Category: Helvetica Neue Bold, Sans Serif
- Scanned images used, sources, original sizes, location of scanner used: The scanned image is a picture of myself in 1999 and originally was a 4 x 6 image. The picture itself is grainy at that size, so it doesn’t look all that different resized. I used the scanner in the Spori Lab.