- Description: Using Adobe Illustrator, I designed a logo for my dad’s woodworking business.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): I sketched out a couple of different ideas, and then brought them to life in Illustrator before getting people’s opinions of them. This is the one that was most popular. I created the saw with the ellipse tool and the pen tool. Then I created a small circle for the middle of the saw and found a font that I could put the dot for the i in the middle circle of the saw. Then I found another font that was a little more formal and would stand out against the main text and made it the complimentary color of the main text. Then I made the whole design in gray-scale and put it on a color background.
- Message: This company does good woodwork.
- Audience: Anyone who loves things made out of wood.
- Top Thing Learned: Sometimes the colors you don’t particularly like together actually make a really great design but you’ll never know that until you try colors you would never usually try.
- Color Scheme and Color Names: Complimentary, teal and brick
- Title / Body Font Names & Categories:Candara regular, Sans Serif, and Copperplate Gothic BT, Oldstyle