Project 5: Composition

These are 12 different images of my flute at different angles. I played with different lightings and backgrounds a bit, then took them to Photoshop to edit them a bit.

This one, I sharpened in Photoshop, added a Gaussian blur and then used a layer mask to erase parts of it and bring the keys into focus.

Flute Keys Underside

I just played with the brightness and contrast on this one. I think I made it a little bit brighter.

Tiny Flute Keys

I also played with the brightness and contrast with this one. I also played a bit with the saturation.Flute Keys and Screw

I added some brightness and then used a layer mask to erase the top of the keys and make them a little darker and more noticeable.Upclose Flute Keys

I tried to get a picture of the inside of my flute. It was a bit more difficult than I thought it would be, and the inside isn’t blurry from movement. It’s reflection. I made it a little brighter because it was really dark before, then I added a layer mask and made the inside of the flute come back into focus.Flute Inside

This is a collage of the rest of the images I took and edited. I experimented with different angles, even trying to get a picture of the inside of my flute when it was all the way put together. One picture is actually two pictures layered together.Flute Collage

This is the texture image I used for my layered image.IMG_3891

This is the finished product with the textured image on top of the flute in its case.Flute Playing

…And the original image of the flute in its case.IMG_3857

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Project 5: Composition

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s